Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Alyssa's Lab Hours

Hi there!! So for Lab Hours this week I've been working on Miss Prism's costume! It went pretty well. I actually just finished it yesterday. The work I had to do on it was redo the waist on the skirt because it was WAY too big as it was, and add a snap to the back of it. The shirt she wears had a little issue of puckering, so I added some Velcro in between some of the buttons. Last week I put together the only piece of jewelry she wears, a cameo. It was broken so I had to hot glue a safety pin to the back. This was actually pretty fun because I got to be a little crafty with it. I also tried decorating her hat, but I ended up not liking the look, at least for her character, anyway. Sister Dooley suggested that I try baby's breath or something small, so I suppose I'll have to work on that. Overall, I am really happy to have all the big things done with this costume and get it over with. Miss Prism is a "dowdy" character, and her clothes match her personality. This costume wasn't as fun as some others that I have done, simply because there aren't as many fun fabrics or accessories.

This



No comments:

Post a Comment