Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lauren Hadley, Lab

For this past week's lab hours, I had a specific job. I was to fit and style Zoe, who is going to plan Cecily Cardew in the upcoming play, The Importance of Being Earnest. The director and Sis. Dooley had specific characteristics they wanted to be portrayed in Cecily's costume. The specific characteristics are which helped me to be inspired for her costume were:  elegant and flow-y, parasol (Umbrella), and a little purse to hold her diary.

They also described Cecily's character as an Innocent, Country Girl who is also intelligent with money. In one of the class periods, we were all discussing the different characters and what colors we think portrayed their characters. We all agreed that when we think of Cecily Cardew, we think of the color Pink. The color pink is very romantic and feminine, which both could be said about Cecily's character as well. As I was about to leave to the closet with Zoe, I ran into Dan and I asked him to help me dress Cecily and he was more than happy. As we were all looking upstairs, there wasn't much of an option of pink hues in the time period of the play. I pulled an outfit (picture below) which catered to the more country aspect of Cecily's characters. 
Dan pulled an outfit (not pictured) which played along with the more sweet and rich side of her. I liked both costumes. We have yet to choose the final one, but that is something which will be done this coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment