Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Taylor's Lab Hours

Photo
Costume Tag
Photo
All three of Jack's outfits
       Once upon a time, I stayed in for two hours on Thursday to get to work on some Earnest things. Teehee. I feel like there wasn't a whole lot of things to do. I mainly started looking at 1880's and 1890's fashion for Lady Bracknell. Thanks to Ingrid, I finally got added to the Pinterest page. It took a while, but I did.
       After a while of getting inspired by Google, this Asian teacher guy happens about the costume shop, claiming that he's "Jack." He looked Jack-ish enough that I took his word for it. When I checked out his story, it turned out that it did in fact check out. He was Jack and he had an appointment. Haha.
       Ingrid and I took his measurements first. Ingrid used the measuring tape and I drew the numbers on the page. Apparently, he's a 38-32 pants size.
       After we took his measurements, I took him upstairs to the closet to try to find some Jack-type clothing to fit his costumial needs. Seeing as how I have neither dressed a dude nor ever dressed like one, I found this to be a bit of a challenge. Finding those three jackets was hard. I'm not quite acquainted with male attire. I just know what looks good from a woman's eye. I decided to apply that.
       In the end, we ended up with three coats, three vests, and a few pairs of pants to choose from.
       All of this was hyperbolous; I basically dressed Jack and planned Lady Bracknell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment