Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lab Hours: Kierah

These lab hours weren't much different from my last lab hours sadly. I was still stuck with no inspiration for Gwnedolyn's outfit. Things either didnt fit, weren't long enough, were too dark, or didnt fit the period's fashion. After about 3 hours of having Camille try things on and making a mess of the closet, I found something I was partially satisfied with.

There were flapper like dresses up in the closet of many different colors of pink and I chose the one that wasn't a pink really at all and had sheer dangly pieces. Gwendolyn is a fashionista, and the fashion of the time was sleek and chic opposite to the big, ruffly, lacey, puffy Victorian age. We found a plain white skirt that was long enough for her and looked well with the color of the top. stuffing the sheer pieces, inside the skirt, we found something around the 1918 fashion. There were only a few problems with the top. For some reason, it really loved showing her bra line and the back bunched up in an unflattering way, but by then we were both tired and hungry and didn't wan to do anymore with clothes, so we hung up the pieces and went home




   
During the beginning part of my lab hours, I also checked on the glasses i glued on an old feather piece during class. I lifted them up to show Ingrid and POP! they drop off the stick. I tried resticking them on, twisting them with wire (which was hard with the thickness of the wire), and Ingrid tried sticking them inside the feather pipe, but nothing would work. The glasses wouldnt sit right or sit still as i twisted the wire around it.

Overall, these lab hours frustrated me. Everything I worked on ended up not working or being redone with something else. I also feel bad that Sister Dooley is having to pick up my slack and making the over coats for my character... The first dress rehersal is Monday, and I don't feel like I've done anything to prepare my character for the stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment