Thursday, January 15, 2015

Introducing Alpha Harper,

Aloha   My name is Alpha Carolyn (Wade) Harper.
  I was born into a military family, My parents were both WWII veterans  they met while they were station in Winnipeg in the Royal Canadian Air Force. I am  the youngest of 4 girls the only one of my Family born in the in the Eastern part of Canada. High in the Laurentian  Mountains on the dew line or Radar line I was the first baby girl to be born in the brand new Station sick bay on this isolated radar base.  I was named after my mother's good friend  Alpha and My Mother's Grand-Mother Grace Caroline (Palmer) Roach from England.  I mention them because they gave the love of fabrics and creating.
     I have had varied careers throughout my life, I taught Red Cross and Royal Life Saving techniques as a swimming instructor/lifeguard then as a Laboratory assistant in the medical Labs at the University Hospital at the U of A more recently became  a certified instructor  horseback riding  instructor English and western many levels.
I also taught needlework while selling Creative circle      I am so excited to be exploring the world of back stage and how to create the magic for audiences.  My family was always involved with Theatre  productions such the  Mikado, Iolanthe, Oklahoma , the King and I the Nutcracker, to name a few.   I have been able to take part in a few also
     I have loved creating"outfits" for friends and families over the Years. from when I was very young I made clothes for my dolls making sure that they had matching gloves to complete their ensemble.   I switched to cats, dogs and horses then to a wedding dress.  Sewing projects  became more family friendly, for  there were celebrations, activities and different holidays,  as well as growth spurts. 
      I have used my skills to do sewing repairs for extra income while attending school in Canada 40 years ago.. and now I can learn from this class and Sister Dooley.  
I am looking forward to understanding the process that I will be able to help others as we serve in the church.



No comments:

Post a Comment