Thursday, January 15, 2015

Introducing....Taylor Bobbitt!!!

Aloha!

My name is Taylor Lynn Bobbitt. I am a Senior and I will be graduating in June. That means, that I'm walking in April. I am so excited! Most of all, I'm just in awe at how fast the time has flown. I remember sitting in a football stadium waiting for my name to be called for High School Graduation. Now, two-and-a-half years later, I am buying my cap and gown. It just blows my mind. Before I'm 21, I will have a bachelors degree in psychology!

I make weird faces at cameras, BTW
I'm from Tulare, California. Tulare a Mecca in some sense in the farming world. We have the worlds largest farm show and the valley that we are in is the world's vegetable basket. I don't farm, but the farming community is ingrained in you anyway regardless. I like dirt and rain, and I love fresh vegetation. And our sunsets can get pretty dope. Especially when the disgusting smog is down a notch.

A girl on the opposing team captured this, #ironic
I love books, movies, and art. Art is a passion of mine that I don't pursue because there's no money in it. That's sad, but oh well. I keep it as a hobby for when I'm not sleep deprived and choking down textbook information. I also love people. People make me laugh and I them. Social interaction is good, even if you're awkward at it like I am most of the time. I also love sports. Jerry Rice has football, I have water polo. I'm not a paid professional, but I love it just the same. I hate running and love adrenaline and punches to the face, preferably not mine. I mostly like watching them from the goal, where I sit. I was a goalie. I LOVED IT! There's something about crushing an opponent's hope that gives you satisfaction as an athlete. If you're not an athlete, sorry. You might think that's sociopathic.

I found out that I liked sewing in high school, but I found out that I loved it as a sophomore in college. I took the principles of clothing construction class here, and I fell in love with it. So much so that I am looking into incorporating it into my future. I want to go to grad school and get my PhD in consumer behavior but with an emphasis in clothing design. I didn't know how much that psychology and appearance were linked until college. Now, that link is my passion. I love it!

I saw Pagliacci. It was awesome!
I am in costume construction now because I know that I will love it. I love plays, musicals, operas, and ballets. Really, I love performances. Costuming is a huge part of those performances, more so than people think. They emphasize a character/performer. They reflect them. I might as well combine them all and get credits for it.

Well, now you have gotten a taste of my quirky personality. I look forward to sewing cool stuff with ya'all.

All my love,

Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, i saw on family search.org that you've reserved the rights to do some temple work on common ancestors.

    thought i'd see how we're related, and see if you have any extra info. . .

    ReplyDelete