Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Introducing Kierah Thurgood

Aloha!
My name is Kierah Thurgood and I (think) I'm a junior in college! I will graduate next year in February and might be doing an internship in Japan during the summer. I'm a TESOL Major with a passion for teaching and grammar but have just as strong of love for sewing and imagination!

I have been sewing for four years ever since my high school Spanish teach taught me how to read (and draft) a pattern and the basics of a sewing machine. Ever since that, I just took off. well, more like a timid, cautious animal approaching food offered by a human. I learned how to sew to be a more independent cosplayer which is one of my favorite hobbies in the world. cosplay can get expensive if purchased online and modifying thrift clothes could only work if you found something you could really work off of, and finding the perfect match is a perfect challenge. With any talent, the more you do it, the more comfortable and confident you get doing it. So i feel pretty confident enough to enter competitions now with my cosplay ;D

Other than being a nerd and sewing and watching anime, I love dancing and learning languages. I use to write once upon a time but- yeah I just don't anymore. I like chilling and watching my favorite shows with a good snack, lifting weights, red pandas, and platypi!(platypuses..?)

I look forward to making 1880's fashion for Mary Poppins, especially the hats... those beautiful, heavily embellished hats. And all that lace and ruffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment