Friday, January 30, 2015

Lauren Hadley, "Lab".

I did not know how much help I would be during lab hours because I do not have much sewing experience, but I had a lot of fun. My first hour of lab, I had the opportunity to sort through clothes which were pulled from the closet to be used for extras. I sorted through a rack of potential wardrobe choices for the Customers, Strollers, and Miscellaneous. Once I did that, I then separated the clothing options into Male and Female. With only a few moments left of my hour, an actress came in for a fitter and she was going to be a customers. The customers for the play are to be dressed in autumn colors; browns, oranges, yellows, and to be seen as more peasant-ish. She was very petite, but I was able to pull a white, collared blouse, and paired it with an orange, floral skirt with a lace trim. The outfit was just the right size for the actress and did not need any additional alterations.

During my second day of lab, I worked with Alyssa in creating the red and blue handkerchiefs that the extras would wear. We went into the storage and found the perfect cotton red and cotton blue material. We then choose the desired size we wanted them to be and cut out pieces from the fabric. Once we had 20 cut out pieces for each color, we used the serger to finish the edges and made them look more clean and finished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment