Sunday, February 1, 2015

Lab Hours

Surprisingly, I took two hours to finish one hat. Then again, this was my first time making the hat all the way through other than just doing the first steps and putting it on an already made hat. It took me awhile to remember how to sew the top of the hat to the curve. The instructions on the website were very vague and incomplete when it came to sewing the bias tape (or hem tape) to the inside and the top stitching. The pictures didn't help either because the only showed one side and not the front or the top. I had a small trial and error period which took a lot of the time. And at the very end the tutorial mentioned using a ribbon to finish the hem and that was confusing (that's all it said, nothing else). I made it work though. Not bad for the first hat, a big large and might need small ribbon hoops sewn in so bobby pins can hold the hat down to the head. I also need to make the brim bigger next time and use dark thread now that I am familiar with the process of the hat


No comments:

Post a Comment