Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lauren Hadley, Final, Progress



So far, my final project is going as planned and is going well. I do wish I would be closer to finishing but I still have much to do. 

My original plan was to create the shirt in size XL, because my husband did not want it to be too tight. However, when I pulled out my pattern to see where to begin, I noticed I bought the pattern for sizes S, M, and L. Oops! After much contemplation and even changing my pattern for a moment, I  Another adjustment I made to the original plan, is instead of following the pattern which would create a long sleeve, I am shortening the sleeves. I choose to do this because I wanted to create a more casual look.
chose to stick to my original pattern and do a size L.

Although the project is far from completion, I have finished many steps. My husband helped me to cut out all the fabric, I added pockets to the front and yokes on the shirt, and I have attached one sleeve. I am very glad I choose to do a short sleeve instead of long sleeve because I do not have to worry about doing cuffs, something I have never done before. 


In order for my project to be fully complete, I still need to attach the second sleeve, stitch together the side seams, and add a flap to each pocket and try and the collar. The collar is something I have no idea how to do and is something which will probably take me a while to figure out. 



Besides the shirt I am making from scratch, I have found green shorts to match. I still need to find some sort of green hat, either a baseball cap or a beanie and also brown shoes. To incorporate the red feather as seen in the Disney production of Peter Pan, I want to either add it to the hat somehow, or make it into a necklace for him to wear. 

I am starting to fear that my project is beginning to look too casual, although that is what I originally wanted. I don’t want people to feel that I just took pieces of clothing my husband already owns and have him model it down the run way. I want to be sure to use original pieces for the costume, things my husband has never seen or worn before. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment