Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lauren Hadley, Final, Wrap Up

The biggest challenge I have faced with the project was a lack of time. I should have prioritized my time more effectively so I wouldn't have been so rushed. As my time to finish the project was coming to an end, I feel I didn't but as much effort into the finished product as I should have. It still looked wonderful, but if you look closely, you could see that my seam lines aren't perfectly straight.

I also wish the color of the thread was consistent throughout the garment. For the button holes I used brown thread and to attach the buttons to the garment I used black thread.  If I were to do this project again, I would use the same color thread throughout the whole garment.  I should have been more patient and take my time.

I did make one last minute adjustment. Initially, I planned on making a shirt in size XL but because we got the wrong sized pattern, I had to stick with large. As my husband was cutting out the fabric, he feared the shirt wouldn't be long enough and he lengthened the front chest of the shirt. Not thinking, he didn't lengthen the front band (where the button go) also. This resulted in a long shirt but short front band. I had to later hem the shirt to be equal in length.



Despite the bumps in the road and lack of time, I was very satisfied with the finished product. There are many aspects of the garment that I am most proud of because of the fact that it was my first ever sewing project. At first, I was skeptical with the Western touch the shirt had, but I like the detail and
uniqueness the yokes bring to the shirt. I also was proud of how the collar turned out. The thought of making a collar was very intimidating to me, but it turned out awesome. My husband’s favorite part of the shirt is the rough edges along the pocket, which I did not do intentionally. However, it also adds to the uniqueness of the shirt.









No comments:

Post a Comment