Thursday, April 16, 2015

Project Post #1

A few weeks ago I saw the live action movie of Cinderella, I was absolutely enchanted by it! I felt like it upheld the integrity of the classic animated movie, while adding to it interesting and meaningful details that provide background and answer many of the questions the original movie raised.

Cinderella isn't the only one who looks absolutely exquisite in the new live-action Movie. Check out the Prince and his handsome, regal Costume!

The main character, Cinderella, was always my favorite as a child. I remember the main theme that being kind and good even when it is hard, and remaining happy despite the circumstances, were particularly impactful to me as a child. The newer movie presents these ideas just as strongly as the old one.

Kinda really excited for this :D i love her dress with the butterflies and the blue <3 pretty!


Watch the chill-inducing new trailer for CinderellaI want to costume this character mostly because I admire her and the ideals she represents, and also because she wears a freaking fantastically beautiful dress, and I also have a pair of sparkly heels that I've been dying to have an excuse to wear. In the newer movie, Cinderella's ballgown gets a bit of a remake. I hope to be able to incorporate some of that into my design.

My design for this costume is fairly basic. To try to recreate the swishy, twirly movement of the gown I will probably make a gathered skirt, and attach to it a princess line bodice. With the bodice I will try to add to it a slight swoop in the front of the bodice, an element found in both the animated and live action versions of the dress. Also, the animated dress has a sweeetheart neckline, which recreating would probably be extremely do-able. Underneath the tulle draping in the live-action version there is probably a sweetheart neckline, also. The live action version features a lightweight drape of fabric around the shoulders that seems to create an airy and floaty feel to the dress. While this looks challenging to try to recreate, I think if I could accomplish it it would enhance the look of the dress tremendously.

perhaps something like this, but with more coverage on the shoulders.



Overall, the design of the dress should look something like this:


What I need to accomplish this is:
*the materials are listed above
*I will need to have or make or adjust a pattern to fit my concept for the design
*Time will be a huge barrier for this project, as I already find it difficult to juggle homework, work, and final projects, but with perseverance I feel like I can achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment