Friday, February 27, 2015

Lab Hours

I can't believe we have such a short amount of time to get the costumes ready for Earnest! I decided to focus on Gwendolen Fairfax because she is a fashionable lady and I thought it would be a fun character to dress. However, I'm having a hard time find something that works. The fashion of 1918 is not quite Edwardian, but not quite 20's. It's like  the awkward adolescence period of fashion. It's not sure what it is, and i'm not sure either or how to use what we have to do something 1918's. Sometimes i wish I had a time machine to just go back and buy something from a store. The first dresses I grabbed weren't going to work because one was a wine red which is another character's color and the other one was too dark (even though it is a fabulous dress). So during my second lab hour time I went back to the closet and grabbed anything and everything I though would work and fit my actor. I also happened to bump into Camille and we scheduled for another fitting to try on those other options.


(Above, dress of fabulousness)
(other options to try)

No comments:

Post a Comment