Monday, February 2, 2015

Making Magic

I know this is late, but I forgot about this assignment!!

Anyway, for my lab hours I worked on a skirt for Miss Lark, and in doing so almost destroyed the sewing machine (oops) but it was fixed (I think)! Overall I love this outfit that I primarily got to design. The contrasts between the white with black accents (like ruffles and polka dots!!!), along with the pop of orange make this a very fun costume!

I also got to help make the neck scarves the chimney sweeps will wear. That was interesting, ok well, a little boring. Cutting fabric is only so-so on the excitement level.

I got to costume an actor who played sweep/customer/park stroller. That was a lot of work, but it was really fun! (Aside from spending so much time in the costume room. Don't get me wrong, it's an exciting place, but when you're in there too long you forget what fresh air actually is).

And I got to help the constable find a coat!!

Overall, it was pretty good! I tried to post some pictures with this, but every time I tried there would be some sort of error, and it would fail to upload. Sorry about the technical difficulty, maybe next time it will work!

1 comment:

  1. Um ok I am trying to publish the pictures from my phone but it isn't working!!!! One was of a girl getting costumed, and the other was a cool pic of the costume rack I'm sorry about the technical difficulty!!!

    ReplyDelete