Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lauren Hadley, Lab

Oops! I was only able to complete one hour of lab work last week because I left my last hour to do on Friday, and then my car was towed (stupid security!) and I had to find a way to town to pick it up.

However, for the hour I did do lab work, I was able to sew all the individual patch work squares together. I was so amazed at how 100 squares sewn together creates a new, unique, piece of fabric. I felt so accomplished and proud of myself. After that, I found the vest pattern I wanted and cut out the pattern from my new piece of fabric. That was a long, tedious job. I also poked myself with pins multiple times. Ouch! Before my hour was up, I was able to put together a couple pieces of the cut out pattern and it finally began to look like an actual vest. Thankfully, someone was able to complete the entire vest and when I saw Bert wearing it, I was so impressed with how it turned out.





After the first dress rehearsal, a few suggestions were made regarding the patchwork vest in order to make it look more realistic and easy for Bert to quick change in. I hand-stitched three green buttons to the left side of the vest and used Velcro on both sides for a quick and easy change. Unfortunately, I did not know that you aren’t supposed to use sticky Velcro on fabric and went to stitch the Velcro into the fabric to secure it and almost broke the machine. SORRY!


No comments:

Post a Comment