Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WAY overdue blog post #1

Um, I don't exactly remember what I did the first week of the month... Yes that is how overdue this is and I am so sorry... Ok lets's see

I remember working on the dresses for Mrs. Corry's daughters, and I got a good start on those. I didn't actually finish them until later, and I had to redo one of them several times because I just couldn't get it right. But I finally did!

 I think Lauren and I started costuming Tapua, but then he had to leave early so we didn't actually finish.

Ummmmm.... At some point I was working on the neckerchiefs that the sweeps wore. I don't know if I mentioned that already or not.

I FINISH finished--as in actually finally completed--the costume for Ms. Lark. I was really happy with it overall, it looked fantastic if I do say so myself! I love how the overcoat laid over the bustle in the back like a fan. It was actually a simple adjustment, but had a great result. Of all the costumes I did, this one was my favorite.

And now it's picture time!!

PhotoOh yeah, the feathers were an awesome piece in the costumes, and totally fun to play with, too :) As you can tell, by Taylor being so fabulous. And sister Dooley in the background like 'what are they doing....',

Photo And because I couldn't resist trying on the Mary Poppins hat, here we go! Honestly, I think everyone tried it on at some point, although I don't know if anyone else took a selfie... I just couldn't resist, ok?

So that about wraps it up for this post. Sorry for it being late and kinda scatter-brained, you can just get a taste of the randomness that this costume shop really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment