Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mary Poppins: Wrap-Up

I've never worked in a musical before so this was a whole new experience for me. When I got there for rehearsal, I didn't know what to do. Everyone seemed to be doing just fine without me except those who needed help with makeup. although I'm familiar with cosplay makeup,  extreme, theatrical makeup is something I'm not knowledgeable about. I didn't really feel useful. Ingrid taught me a thing or two about stage makeup, so I was able to help a bit with the Extra's makeup since they didn't really need to stand out THAT much. During the actual play night, I felt more prepared and ready to do my part. I helped with the makeup where i could, i offered to get drinks, pin hair, or other small tasks to lighten the burden of the actors. I had my homework for down time and I seemed to be the only one who panicked when the speakers weren't working in the back. Low and behold, a button came off a banker's vest and Roberston Ay's apron tie broke. I was able to fix both of them real quick and I finally used my special skills to help out backstage. I also loved doing the chimney sweep's face dust. Although I didn't make any major costumes, seeing what I did contribute to the musical made me so happy! Even though there was lots of work to be done that cut into my nights and days, I found this experience very enjoyable and enlightening. It was fun and slightly relaxing to be a part of something wonderful, and also be recognized for my contributions. Perhaps, even when I'm out of this class, I will continue to help out the theatrical productions
Me fixing Robertson Ay's apron or the button on a vest as Taylor played with my hair. I don't remembered which one I was doing in this picture

Trying on Mary's Jolly Holiday hat at the very end. I feel like Audrey Hepburn! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment