Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Taylor's lab hours!

So, this is what I did this week:

I sewed Mrs Correy's costume. Man, I have to say, I have spent so much time on Mrs. Correy's costume. I kind of want to move on with it. But at the same time, I'm so excited that I have been able to make such a cool costume!

I sewed this skirt together this past week. Let me tell you, that was a lot of layers. I had to put two lines of stitching in in order for it to all stay.
1 layer of waistband. 2-3 layers of red skirt top. 1 layer of green skirt. all together, it was sometimes 5 layers.

I the waistband, I put on Velcro. Putting on the Velcro was Sister Dooley's idea, but it was a good one. One thing that we as students in the costume shop understand is that we need to be able to reuse whatever we make. In order to make the skirt more reusable, I put Velcro. Everyone is different shapes and sizes. The Velcro allows for adjustment. I was especially thankful for it when I tried it on, haha.

Also, I (and others) found petticoats to make the skirt poof. Poof is awesome, and necessary. We also found the bussel. The bussel makes the butt big. Let me tell you, the costume all together looks awesome with the butt poof. I'm excited for Aliya to wear this.

I also made letters and accessories. I just need to stitch the black letters on the skirt (so they're removable for future wearers.)

This week, I plan to stitch those letters on and move on to statue drapery.

No comments:

Post a Comment